10 Secrets to Removing Acne Scars
10 Secrets to removing acne scars – it’s not as difficult as it may seem! Acne scars are not fun to live with. However, there are several ways on removing acne scars that can help you gain back your confidence. The appearance of acne starts during puberty when the body actively produces hormones that causes too much sebum in the skin. This skin stage may pass but it may leave behind marks that you think will change your appearance forever. Treating acne scars can be done through natural inexpensive ways as well as dermatological procedures, which tend to be more aggressive. Treating acne scars will depend on the mildness and severity of the scar.
Below are some of the 10 Secrets to removing acne scars naturally:
- Hydration is the key. It has been proven that water is one of the best natural methods on how to remove acne scars and prevent acne breakouts. Drinking at least 8 glasses of water or more helps your skin to shed those unwanted dead skin cells.
- A lot of people are recommending the use Vitamin E capsule for those scars. You might apply it topically to the affected area by pricking a spot in the capsule and apply the oil to the scar. Apply the oil directly to scarred skin or mix it into your daily moisturizer to help heal acne and pimple scars faster. Another option is to take it orally to have that cell renewal from the inside.
- Rosehip seed oil is also an effective remedy and promotes naturally healthy skin. This anti-ageing and anti-wrinkling agent helps skin cells regenerate. Apply this lightweight, non-greasy treatment once or twice each day to reap the benefits of its essential fatty acids and high concentration of trans-retinoic acid – a natural form of vitamin A found in rosehip seeds. Massage it on the scar twice a day.
- Eating a balanced diet may help in making acne scars disappear. The more nutritious foods you include in your meal, the faster the scar will heal. Nutritional, healing foods help in building skin cells and give a healthy skin glow as well.
- Aloe Vera is a wonderful and powerful vitamin source for healing skin and fading scars. It is non-irritating and gentle, while being naturally moisturizing. To combat acne scars, massage the aloe vera gel into your skin and let it dry for around 30 minutes before washing off.
- Baking soda serves many purposes including the ability to heal scars. Due to its sodium bicarbonate crystals, baking soda acts as a gentle exfoliating cleansing scrub. Mix with water to form a thick paste and massage over scarred tissue. Leave on for several minutes and rinse with warm water. Baking soda is excellent for cleansing pores.
- Alpha-hydroxy acid (AHA) occurs naturally in Lemon juice which makes it perfect for fading scars, promoting healing and rejuvenating skin. If you have sensitive skin, mix with water or it can be used undiluted for less sensitive skin. Dab on scars with a juice soaked cotton swab and let dry. Rinse with warm water.
Aside from the natural ways of removing acne scars, these remaining 10 Secrets to removing acne scars are dermatological procedures that are more aggressive and would definitely give you a much faster result. However, pregnancy and other health conditions may hinder your want to undergo these procedures. Here are some of the hi-tech methods on how to remove acne scars effectively.
- Nowadays, not only certified dermatologists do a dermabrasion but facial salons as well. Dermabrasion is the removal of the top skin layer using a machine that chafes off the skin. Once the skin heals, the top layer will then have a smoother and clearer appearance.
- Laser resurfacing is one of the most affordable anti-scar treatments available. It simply uses a high-energy light that can remove scars and even prevent wrinkles.
- Similar to dermabrasion, chemical peels remove and resurface the top layer of skin without the use of machines. This method is not advisable for everyone since some people may have allergic reactions to the chemicals.
With all the available choices for treatment, these 10 Secrets to removing acne scars should give you hope that your scars do not have to last a lifetime. Start treating your acne scars today and gain back your self-confidence!